SPRING INTO WELLNESS & FITNESS
The No Boundaries Training Program has levels for every ability
WalkFIT -- Learn to Run 5K -- 10K Finisher
One step at a time, steadfast, No Boundaries programs are the safe, fun and social way to develop a running or fitness routine.
At every level, No Boundaries provides supportive and trained coaches to help participants adopt a regular training routine to safely accomplish your fitness goals. Each participant starts and develops at their individual pace and level of ability. There is no one-size-fits-all workout; your workout plan will reflect your goal and ability, and you will tackle it together with a ton of other people.
Find your inner athlete. Our newest program addition, WalkFIT will start even the most tentative on the road to fitness.
Participants get a detailed training plan based on current ability and goals. Learn how to gauge workout intensity (heart rate) to monitor your workouts to safely and steadily improve your cardiovascular system and ability to easily walk for exercise.
A heart rate monitoring device is highly recommended for WalkFit for gauging workout intensity and tracking workout time and calories burned and will be offered at a discounted rate to participants.
Learn to Run 5K, 5K2, 10K
Fleet Feet Sports No Boundaries program has developed thousands of runners across the country through a proven walk/run methodology and fitness education. Transition from zero to your first 5K or move along to your next milestone.
A GPS tracking unit with heart rate monitoring is recommended for runners for tracking gauging workout intensity and tracking workout distance, time and pace and will be offered at a discounted rate to participants.
REGISTRATION & PRICING
Saturday, March 21st, 9:00 am. PROGRAM KICK-OFF MEETING for registered participants. Meet your training buddies and coaches & pick up your training plan and program packet. Informational session with key breakout sessions. This is not a group workout.
Saturday, April 11th, 7:30 am. Weekly Saturday group training runs begin at Southside Riverfront Park.
Sunday, June 21st, 8:00 am. Goal Event: Man Up Fathers’ Day 5K Walk/Run & 10K Run Heinz Field on the North Shore (registration for this event is separate).
PROGRAM DETAILS AT A GLANCE
WalkFIT – all new!
- Participants establish a baseline of walking ability and gradually build intensity.
- Participants receive a weekly training plan based on their goal. Participants striving for weight loss will have 5 – 6 workouts a week. Participants working to maintain weight, or build fitness will have 4-5 workouts each week.
- All levels of WalkFIT work toward moving up one level of intensity on the walking spectrum within the 11-week program. Progress will be monitored by heart rate.
- No experience necessary.
- Run/walk interval training program for beginners.
- Participants will have 4 workouts per week. Start running while learning the elements of safe and smart training.
- Perfect for those who have recently completed their first 5K and want to improve, or aren't ready for longer distances, yet.
- Participants will have 4 workouts per week.
- Program builds 5K confidence and improves speed.
- Trains runners ready to tackle their first 10K.
- Participants have 4 workouts per week.
- For runners who currently can run 3 miles and are ready to go farther.
- A complete 11-week training program with detailed workouts
- 1 coached group training walk/run each week at Riverfront Park in the Southside on Saturday mornings
- Supportive and encouraging coaches, certified in CPR and First Aid
- Dedicated support from mentors who began running with No Boundaries - Just like you!
- Instant fitness friends and social events
- Educational clinics on stretching, injury prevention, nutrition, and more
- Weekly motivational and educational e-mail from the coach on training and program updates
- Exclusive discounted shopping night
- New Balance Technical T-shirt
- A bonus week evening Montour Trail run in the South Hills, (date TBD), followed by a half-way party!
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
No Boundaries is a program for beginner walkers or runners and people returning to running. This program uses a proven walk/run approach to help you gradually build your fitness in a safe and encouraging environment culminating in the successful completion of a 5K (3.1 mile) or 10K (6.2 mile) event or adoption of a walking program in a support of a healthy lifestyle.
Everyone progresses at their own pace, no one runs alone, and no one is last.
HERE'S WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"It's hard to believe my journey from No Boundaries last summer to where I'm at now both physically and mentally". Colin S.
Sponsored by Fleet Feet Sports and New Balance.
Please contact Kisa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn about our upcoming training sessions.