Stay tuned for registration information!
No Boundaries - 5k and 10k Training Programs with 3 levels to choose from.
- WalkFIT & Walk-Jog Intervals- Designed for those with little to no running experience who would like to cross the finish line walking or using walk-jog intervals.
- No Boundaries 5K.1 Beginner & 5K.2 Intermediate- Designed for those with little to no running experience who would like to cross the finish line running the entire 5k distance. This program begins with structured intervals and progresses into easily-paced continuous jogging.
- No Boundaries 5K.3 Advanced- Designed for those who have experience at the 5K distance and want to set a personal best by incorporating interval-based, heart rate zone training as well as elements of speed and strength training in their program.
Full Marathon Training Program - 16 Weeks with 3 levels to choose from.
Monday, January 14th, 2019 – Marathon Training Begins
Sunday, January 20th, 2019 – First Marathon Training Group Run
- Level 1 (Beginner)– For the first-time marathoner looking to safely cross the finish line (weekly mileage should be between 12-15 miles/week)
- Level 2 (Intermediate)– For those who have completed at least one marathon and are looking to improve their finish time (weekly mileage should be ~20 miles/week)
- Level 3 (Advanced)– A more competitive, higher mileage plan for the experienced marathoner looking to break through a plateau or qualify for Boston (weekly mileage should be ~30 miles/week)
Half-Marathon Training Program - 12 Weeks with 3 levels to choose from.
Monday, February 11th, 2019 – Half Marathon Training Begins
Sunday, February 17th, 2019 – First Half Marathon Training Group Run
- Level 1 (Beginner)– For the first time half-marathoner looking to safely cross the finish line (weekly mileage should be between 9-12 miles/week)
- Level 2 (Intermediate)– For those who have completed at least one half-marathon and are looking to improve their finish time (weekly mileage should be ~15 miles/week)
- Level 3 (Advanced)– A more competitive, higher mileage plan for the experienced half-marathoner looking to bust through a half-marathon plateau or achieve a high placement in their age group (weekly mileage should be ~25 miles/week)
Fleet Feet Pittsburgh Training Perks:
- Supported weekly group long runs (Sundays at 7:30am)
- Detailed maps with turn-by-turn directions
- Aid stations at the Start/Finish point and along any route longer than 10 miles
- Post-run “Coffee with the Coach” Q & A Sessions
- Coached track workouts (Speed Demons, Wednesdays at 7:00 PM - Jefferson Middle School and Track or Trail, second Saturday of the month at 7:30 AM – Schenley Park Oval)
- Free "Tools of the Trade" workshop series
- Weekly “Conversation with the Coach” newsletter and “Training Tip Tuesday” video chat
- Online support through a private Facebook community
- Direct email access to coaching staff for training-related inquiries
- 10% discount to Fleet Feet Pittsburgh for all of your training gear (exclusions apply)
- Membership to Fitvil online community