2015 HALF & FULL MARATHON TRAINING sponsored by Saucony
Registration is Sold Out
Fleet Feet Sports is excited and proud to introduce our all-new FULL & HALF MARATHON TRAINING plans for 2015 to develop, peak and taper runners for their best performance.
If you’re serious about training for and completing a marathon or half marathon, join the region’s premier training program that has helped hundreds of runners reach their goal to finish a marathon or half marathon. Our trained coaches offer the support and motivation needed to keep you going. With ten marathon and ten half marathon pace groups, there is a speed suited for every participant!
Our 16-week programs are now broken into three phases to maximally develop endurance, speed and strength with a smooth taper to race day.
REGISTRATION & PRICING
- 13 supported group runs starting at 7:30 am (Sundays, except for Saturday, April 4th of Easter weekend. No group runs on March 1st, March 29th, or April 5th). Group runs from Pittsburgh locations (in the case of heavy overnight snowfall, runs will be moved to 8:00 am and held in North Park or cancelled if safety concerns outweigh the benefit of the run).
- 16-week training plan
- Train at your own pace with Pace Group Leaders and Mentors
- Optional coached speedwork sessions, Wednesday evenings at Jefferson Middle School track, Mt. Lebanon
- NEW THIS YEAR: Exclusive discount on cross-training packages designed specifically for this training group by our partners at Iron City Elite Strength and Conditioning- Where Athletes Train in Pittsburgh (located in Castle Shannon). Enhance performance through a program specifically designed to address the mobility, strength and movement needs of runners.
- Highly detailed maps including sections of the Pittsburgh Half and Full Marathon race courses
- Certified coaching staff & email access
- Fluid stations including electrolytes along Sunday training routes
- Exciting seminars including a post-run clinic with Massage Envy and cross-training session with PIttsburgh's own exercise guru and expert on active aging, Dr. Vonda Wright.
- Discounted shopping events at Fleet Feet Sports
- Sunday run recovery snack
- Halfway & post-winter training parties
- FREE Long-sleeved tech shirt
- FREE embroidered Fleet Feet training hat
- Race discounts for Just a Short Run & Spring Thaw
- Nutritional Counseling for Runners, small group sessions with staff dietitian Kathryn Szklany RD, LDN. Free to training participants, registration required.
- Optional full-zip, gender-specific training jacket from Craft which retails for $90. Exclusive winter training participant price is just $65 and includes custom Fleet Feet embroidery. Check out the jacket here!
HERE’S WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
"I have have gained so much from my Fleet Feet half-marathon training thus far. I am really loving my running, and continue to amaze myself with how much I have developed as a runner in such a short time". Colin S.
“I LOVE this program. I've joined for three years in a row now, and I can't imagine winter without it”. –Ashley W
“The support of the team was amazing. Everyone is so supportive and it creates such an uplifting atmosphere where everyone realizes that they can accomplish their goals”. – Stephanie F
“I liked the structured training plan and workouts, as well as the general camaraderie and support that the group provided. I've trained alone in the past, but it was nowhere near as enjoyable as my experience this time around”. -April K
“The continuous motivation from all the members was unbelievable. The support was just as strong throughout the week as it was on Sunday runs. I couldn't have stuck it out through the horrible winter if it wasn't for the awesome people in Fleet Feet”.- Stephanie L
“I was part of "Larry's Lunatics" and I couldn't have done it without this group. Participating weekly with a group of people who were holding me accountable was amazing. I also loved the family feeling of Fleet Feet. Thank you for helping me finish my first (of hopefully many) full marathons! This group helped me get the itch and drive to do more”.- Michelle S