Fall 2018 Half & Full Marathon Training
If you are planning on a fall distance race like New York City or the Marine Corp Marathon, Fleet Feet has you covered. Our progressive, periodized training schedules will get you properly prepared for your event, and our certified team of coaches will guide you every step of the way. Whether you are a first-time participant, novice competitor or Boston-qualifying athlete, we have a plan for you. Designed by our certified in-house running guru and fitness expert Coach Tim Lyman, each of these programs can be manipulated and modified based around your individual training methods and goal race. You will have the luxury of supported Sunday long runs, weekly newsletters, a private online community and direct email access to our coaching staff. Join our fantastic family of runners, and get the best training in Pittsburgh with Fleet Feet!
Full Marathon 18-Week Training Program – Registration Fee $89.00 | REGISTER
Half Marathon 14-Week Training Program – Registration Fee $69.00 | REGISTER
18 Week Marathon Training Plan - Choose your training level:
- Level 1 – For the first time marathoner looking to safely cross the finish line
- Level 2 – For those who have completed at least one marathon and are looking to improve their finish time (current weekly mileage should be ~20 miles/week)
- Level 3 – A more advanced, higher mileage plan for the experienced marathoner looking to break through through a plateau or qualify for Boston (current weekly mileage should be ~30 miles/week)
Register for Full Marathon Training HERE!
14 Week Half Marathon Training Plan – Choose your training level:
- Level 1 – For the first time half-marathoner looking to safely cross the finish line
- Level 2 – For those who have completed at least one half-marathon and are looking to improve their finish time (current weekly mileage should be ~15 miles/week)
- Level 3 – A more advanced, higher mileage plan for the experienced half-marathoner looking to bust through a half-marathon plateau or achieve a high placement in their age group (current weekly mileage should be ~25 miles/week)
Register for Half Marathon Training HERE!
Fleet Feet Pittsburgh Training Perks:
- Supported weekly group long runs (Sundays at 7:30am)
- Detailed maps with turn-by-turn directions
- Fluid station at the Start/Finish point
- Coached weekly track workouts (Speed Demons, Wednesdays at 7:00pm - Jefferson Middle School)
- Free 66-page "Marathon Ready Runner's Nutrition Guide" e-book
- Free admission to the "Tools of the Trade" workshop series ($60 value)
- Discount codes for Summer Cross Training Series events
- Weekly newsletter from the Head Coach & online support via private Facebook group
- Direct email access to coaching staff for training-related inquiries
- 10% discount to Fleet Feet Pittsburgh for all of your training gear (exclusions apply)
- Membership to Fitvil online community
- Monday, June 25, 2018 – Marathon Training Begins
- Sunday, July 1, 2018 – First Marathon Training Group Run
Half Marathon & Relay Training
- Monday, July 9, 2018 – Half Marathon Training Begins
- Sunday, July 15, 2018 – First Half Marathon Training Group Run
We believe all your hard work and effort deserve a symbol of achievement, which is why all Fleet Feet Running Club members will earn a badge after completion of any of our programs. Adorned with the current year, each badge features an original design specific to that program!